Embedded Systems Hardware Engineer Job Description
Our direct client is looking to hire a skilled Digital/Analog Hardware Engineer to architect, design and test digital and analog circuits for the high-speed acquisition of various analog and digital inputs. These signals are then be passed unto an embedded processor system for further processing.
Hardware Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing embedded data acquisition systems, primarily digital systems for FPGA’s using VHDL and High Speed Embedded processors.
- Integrate different system components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Work with Layout engineers to design PC boards.
- Identify and isolate defects.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
- Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
- Design support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, and custom integrated circuits.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
o Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
- Test and re-test parts and designs to ensure they work properly, ensuring all tests and procedures meet company and industry standards.
- Work with Test Engineers to develop QA and QC procedures and policies.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise and confer with other engineers during development phase.
Hardware Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Previous work experience with a minimum 5 + years as a HW Engineer, primarily in the embedded area.
- Extensive knowledge of embedded and desktop engineering and testing procedures.
- Experience with the SDLC process, and the associated software governance associated tools JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine or similar
- Working knowledge of Oscilloscopes, DVMs, and other test hardware as applied to development.
- Good working knowledge of analog design.
- Excellent organizational, debugging and problem-solving skills in an embedded environment.
- A proven ability to manage projects and tasks independently, with initiative and independence being paramout.
- High-level technical writing skills.
For immediate consideration, respond today with your updated resume!!