Title of Position: Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Reports to: Engineering
Embedded Systems Software Engineer
We are seeking talented individuals with a passion for developing innovative software solutions for the role of Embedded Systems Software Engineer. Our world-class software engineering team is based at our engineering campus in the Hill Country just north of San Antonio, Texas.
This role offers an opportunity for candidates to expand their talents by participating directly in the development of production software. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist. All levels of software engineers work directly on production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Qualified candidates possess strong C and C++ skills, as well as the ability to: design programs and systems based on defined requirements; prepare program specifications; code, test, and debug software; interpret technical information relating to software development; and communicate effectively.The position involves developing and extending both existing and new embedded systems, as well as documenting methods and procedures.
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot software developed for Futurex’s line of cryptographic devices
- Confer with software and hardware team members to develop, understand, and update requirements for product features
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
- A key role in production-level software projects working directly on cutting-edge encryption technology with a fast time to market
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Flexible scheduling policy
- Company-provided snacks and drinks
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals
- Strong interest in electrical engineering, embedded hardware, and software
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or similar field
- Software development experience in C and/or C++
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Experience developing embedded Linux systems, driver development, or kernel debugging
- Experience with scripting (Python, Bash, or POSIX shell)
- Experience with version control software (git preferred)
- Experience with multiple architectures, particularly PowerPC or ARM
- Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas.