ECS is seeking an End-User Support Specialists III (IT Planner and Moves)
to work in our Albuquerque, NM
office. Job Description:
ECS is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. ECS is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 27001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
ECS is currently seeking 18 Level III End-User Support Specialists to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The End-User Support Specialists will provide Basic Field (Win/Mac/Mob/Customer Support Unit Services) support to monitor, install and perform maintenance on personal computers, laptop computers, software, and networks for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS) with a workforce of approximately 14,000 personnel. This position requires the technician to have experience with IT project planning to include such functions as swinging groups of users from one office are to another related to construction projects or renovation, modernization efforts where planning required an integrated schedule form the purchase of new equipment, to receiving, to staging and then the action work order issuance for technicians to deploy the new hardware to the customer. It is beneficial if the candidate has knowledge of property construction processes like electrical and data wiring techniques for use in determining best method to ensure accurate forecasting and implementation.
It has been and continues to be the policy of ECS to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Required Skills:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an associate degree and at least four years of experience relative to the requirements.
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q/L level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Active Clearance at the TS or DOE L level a plus.
- Provide support in responding to system user requests for assistance.
- Provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections, and training users in proper operation of systems and programs.
- Provide support to install and provide basic support for approved PC software.
- Perform upgrades to all computer platforms, train office staff on computers, maintain logs and inventory of equipment repairs, assist in administering all computer platforms as directed and assist in resolving any operations problems.
- Support the agency Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator with server maintenance and administration.
- Require general knowledge of network products including, but not limited to, Novell, CISCO, and UNIX.
- Level III
- Applies technical and operational knowledge under minimal direction, to configure, operate, and maintain information processing and telecommunications systems.
- Analyzes performance statistics to support tuning, automation, and optimization activities.
- Establishes, composes, and maintains security, capacity, and business continuity controls and documentation.
- Interacts with an operating company or business segment to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical requirements, and organizational direction.
- Collects, defines, and organizes detailed user requirements.
- Defines, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Understands and complies with project budgets.
- Conceptualizes, constructs, tests, implements, and/or operates integrated infrastructure solutions.
- Recommends training plans and leads continuous improvement activities.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.