Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries
HII- Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist to work out of our Fairfax - Fair Lakes, VA location.
What you will do
* Use support desk incident tracking systems
* Create and manage incident (issue) tickets, provide caller with ticket number and estimated resolution time
* Verify that software/equipment is properly configured and network connectivity is operational and correct connected to the network
* Follow helpdesk scripts to analyze and resolve system hardware and software issues, troubleshoot network and communication problems, and transfer or escalate issues
* Escalate issues as needed to next Tier support
* Conduct follow-up to ensure issue is resolved and ticket is closed
* Use ordering system to order and track replacement parts
* Learn to re-configure CPU/laptop based scanning systems and web-based configuration systems
* Provides technical support to business area management and staffs for personal computer systems software, hardware, and network connectivity. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, and network connectivity issues.
* Accountable for asset management of the information technology hardware.
* May assign and maintain user passwords for specialized software.
* *TE *SG
What you must have
* 0-1 year with BA or HS diploma + 4-5 years of relevant experience.
* A minimum of one year of prior experience working in a technical support position.
* Experience working cooperatively with technical support groups when troubleshooting network issues via bridge calls, email, and instant messenger and other communication tools.
* Knowledge, skills, and abilities in some or all of the following:
* Computer operations background
* Computer networking knowledge
* Verifying network timings
* Verifying proper sequential operation
* Verifying data transmission & data return formats
* Must have good oral and written communication skills to support communication and incident ticket documentation of all interactions with callers or users, including but not limited to: phone, email, in-person, and other communication formats.
* The selected candidate must be willing to work any day of the week. Current hours of operation are M-F 0600-1900; Saturday 0600-1400; Sundays/Holidays 0500-1200 EST.
* Clearance: Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
Federal Executive Order 14042 requires that covered contractor employees who work on, or in connection with, covered Federal contracts or at covered contractor workplaces may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and comply with other requirements. Covered contractor employees also must comply with agency COVID-19 workplace safety requirements while in Federal workplaces. Applicant agrees to comply with said requirements to the extent they apply to the applied-for position.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.