State Employees’ Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative with a “Do the Right Thing” mission and a goal of helping people in our community. If you are motivated and believe in the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People,” join our team!
SECU offers a work environment that is challenging and promotes the success of its employees. SECU also provides competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and abundant opportunities for growth. We are currently in search of an experienced Systems Administrator who is able to handle projects and tasks related to systems administration and enterprise endpoint security. This individual will be part of a skilled technical team that remotely manages the enterprise security of endpoints at over 200 locations throughout the State of North Carolina.
This is a hybrid position that includes duties of a Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator and Endpoint Security Specialist.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Configure, maintain, and administer Microsoft Windows Server environments.
- Support and maintenance for Endpoint Security related applications such as Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Scanning and Patch Management.
- Respond to and investigate security related offenses to ensure the security of SECU endpoints.
- Ensure documentation of server-based applications, services and procedures are written and accessible.
- Engineering solutions to problems.
- Create and monitor reports for inventory and security compliance.
- Anticipate and respond to changing business/technical requirements from multiple business divisions.
- Periodically being on-call.
- Provide assistance as a level three escalation point for complex troubleshooting items.
Requirements for the position are as follows:
- Proven employment as a Windows System Administrator with expert knowledge of Windows Server platform (2008\2012).
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanners
- Experience with Anti-Virus Technologies
- Experience with Encryption Technologies
- Experience with Patch Management Software (SCCM and/or WSUS experience is a plus).
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Technology
- Experience with ATM security
- Ability to prevent, detect, respond to and recover from security incidents.
- Experience with VMWare or other virtualization environment is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Windows7 client platform (Knowledge of Windows10 is a plus).
- Expert knowledge of TCP\IP networking and Active Directory Services.
- Experience supporting and configuring server hardware, RAID, High-Availability, peripherals, and applications on Windows Server platforms.
- Experience with daily security activities such system administration, incident response, disaster recovery, security assessments, and vulnerability management.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability, desire and knowledge to secure the multiple types of endpoints and servers throughout the SECU environment.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be motivated, proactive and have the desire to improve security through technology and/or processes.
- Support for problem resolution is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
No relocation assistance will be provided. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visas at this time. Telecommuting is not an option.
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet**