Come join Bethesda Game Studios
, the award-winning development team behind Starfield
, The Elder Scrolls
. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America's best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we'd love to hear from you! ResponsibilitiesYour Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Engine & Systems Programmer
, you will...
QualificationsWhat makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?
- Write clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code
- Plan and designs code in collaboration with team members
- Jump into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks
- Support and maintain existing systems
- Accurately estimate your schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Provide technical expertise to develop cutting-edge technologies to include: architecture, design, prototype, implement, test, debug, document, profile, maintain, and support
- Review codes from other team members
- You have at least 4 years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience
- You've obtained a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have very strong C++ design and coding experience
- You are experienced in building multithreaded, real-time systems
- You are experienced in writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
- You have experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization
- You have a passion for making GREAT games
- You have experience playing previous Bethesda Games Studios games
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.