Danvers (CDP), MA Description:
Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: QC/QA Engineer
Location : Salem MA 01970
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ Years Plant Quality including customer complaint and investigations background
RELOCATION: Relocation Assistance
- Investigate and address customer complaints regarding quality and the customer experience.
- Work cross functionally to investigate and define root causes to issues as they arise.
- Works with enterprise business units at the operational and corporate level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to customer service standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable, and flawless execution.
- Responsible to evaluate and provide recommendations to production issues discovered on the shop floor. This includes data collecting, research, facilitating and collaborating with other team members.
Analyze and develop plans for improved work-flow, space and labor utilization, and design equipment layout and work spaces for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluate plant operations and procedures to improve productivity, improve throughput, reduce non-value added activities, improve operation efficiencies and promote a more safe and ergonomic working environment.
Manage and Develop Current and Future State Value Stream Maps (V.S.M.-s)
- Evaluates, designs and implements new layouts: including storage rack, conveyor, automation and other material handling solutions for plant facilities
- Identify, lead and execute projects that target improvements to key plant metrics: safety, quality, on-time delivery and efficiency.
- Analyzes ambiguous problems utilizing demonstrated proficiency of lean tools such as VSM, Standard work, Six Sigma, 5S, Process Observations (time-study); Process Flow charts; Standard Work; Spaghetti Diagrams and other lean tools. Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner. Leads Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean events
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Bachelor-s degree, preferably in Engineering (will consider other degrees) from a 4 year college or university
- 3-5 years of experience in process improvement, quality and analysis in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in utilizing Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to drive process improvements. Green Belt certification preferred
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, Auto CAD
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com