SHIFT: Day Job
SCHEDULE: Full-timeYour Talent. Our Vision.
At Beacon Health Options
, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.Position:
Engineer III Location:
Boston, MA or Woburn, MA
The Engineer III
is If this job is responsible for the delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on complex technology systems within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
- Support and enhance existing applications through resolution of bugs/issues.
- Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
- Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Understands the product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs.
- Identifies problems/risks.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Education: B.S. or B.S. degree required, M.S. degree preferred
- Experience: 3+ years business analyst or programming experience, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- ASP.Net/ .Net Core/ MVC
- RESTful web services/ JSON
- Microsoft Entity frameworks
- MS SQL
- Agile development methodologies and experience with traditional Waterfall SDLC
- General experience in building