For our client, a well-known broad band provider, we are currently looking for an Engineer III (Remote role) to join their team.
This Engineer III, Network Products & Services will drive design, testing, and troubleshooting standards for network-based products and services that our customers consume and is responsible for taking products from concept through to deployment. The services this role is responsible for include Internet, Ethernet, Voice, and Cloud products that span across our residential and business services market segments. Engineer III, Network Products & Services will act as the escalation point, mentor and guide of more junior engineers on the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
• Utilize advanced knowledge of agile methodology and SCRUM to manage the backlog and deliver on commitments and provides guidance to junior level engineers relative to SCRUM methodology.
• Mentors junior level engineers in evaluating new build areas and provides engineering build plans and timelines on what’s needed to deploy network based products and services.
• Partners with product management and sales engineering on the design of custom product offerings relating to large commercial and wholesale customers.
• Provides input to product, project, and general management on issues relating to product development, and project timelines.
• Creates product and service design documentation. Mentors junior level engineers in regards to service design.
• Participate in proof of concept design and testing initiatives.
• Participate in the selection of tools, technology platforms and the technical evaluation of third party vendors.
• Creates engineering deployment documentation for all network products and services. These include designs, MOP’s, and API Guides. Mentors junior level engineers on technology documentation standards.
• Drives engineering standards for scripts and tools that help in implementing product functionality, system functionality, and KPI reporting.
• Designs and executes on test plans and functionality validation in lab environments.
• Identifies bugs in testing and works expeditiously to correct them before product launch.
• Provides escalation support related to the configuration and operations of products and services to other engineers and technicians.
• Provides input on standard software applications to meet product requirements and deliver exceptional experiences to customers.
• Partners with others to drive product delivery and process automation
• Partners with vendors and internal peer groups to configure and test new systems and technologies on the enablement of new product features or delivery processes.
• Performs peer work reviews and provides feedback.
• Drives engineering documentation standards within the greater engineering organization
• Makes recommendations to architecture, product management, and leadership on how to utilize new technologies.
• Acts as subject matter expert on the team for3-5 areas of the technology stack which can include but not be limited to: IP Networking, software development, database administration, VOIP, Cloud Ecosystems, Systems Administration, and/or Systems Integration.
• Assist sales engineering in complex customer designs utilizing our products and services.
• Oversee and complete special projects.
All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS or BA from an accredited college or university or appropriate combination of education and experience.
3 or more technical certifications or certificates in IP Networking, Cloud Systems, Systems Administration, VOIP, or Software Development preferred.
6-10 years of progressive IT or telecommunications experience is preferred.
Minimum 3 years’ experience is required.
DevOps experience required, Voice/Video/Network Engineers that have transitioned into DevOps Engineers are ideal.
Familiarity with five or more of the following technologies: DHCP, NTP, DNS/ENUM, TFTP, SIP, MGoogle Cloud Platform, H.248, TLS, XMPP, SMTP, RTCP, TCP, UDP, RTP, IPV4/6, DSCP/TOS, SCTP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, YANG, NetConf
Cloud ecosystem experience with VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenStack or similar
Demonstrates knowledge of fiber optic based transport technologies (PON, C/DWDM, OC-X, SONET)
Understands MEF standards relative to Ethernet Deployments and best practices.
Demonstrates knowledge with HFC network and DOCSIS standards and best practices.
Demonstrates knowledge in one or more network platform operating systems such as IOS, AOS, SROS, Junos.
Familiarity with automation technologies such as Ansible, TR069, TACACS, Rancid, etc.
Demonstrates knowledge of unified communications systems and technologies
Demonstrates knowledge of the OSI model
Demonstrates a high level of transparency, collaboration and communication skills
Demonstrates a high level of EQ (emotional intelligence)
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Experience giving peer and executive level presentations