Looking for an Engineering/Logistics Technical Writer. Will develop and write manuals and documents such as Operator and Administrator User, Maintenance, Life Cycle Support and Logistics documents and/or manuals in accordance with customer specifications for digital and analog voice and data telecommunication products.
- Work closely with Development, Systems and Logistics Departments as well as other support departments to derive source data.
- Technically analyze customer guidelines to create compliant documents
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations
- Prepare deliverable manuals and documents in accordance with customer specifications for voice and data telecommunication products.
- Develop well written content and efficiently communicate material to the end-user.
- Adhere to contractual format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality. In the absence of customer dictated specifications must be able to develop and adhere to own style guideline.
- Interface with customers.
- Provide required status reports to management
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years practical experience.
- Prior Engineering background and job experience required (Systems, Hardware, Software).
- Understanding of parts lists, government specifications, schematic and engineering drawings
- Experience with Systems Life Cycle Support and associated documents
- Requires highly motivated individual that can quickly learn complex telecommunication products. Prior experience with highly technical engineering documents is required
- Must be able to type, use a personal computer, and be familiar with full-featured word-processing applications, desktop publishing tools and drawing packages. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as imaging software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) for graphics editing and screen capturing is essential.