About the Role
Uber Direct is a new product offered by Uber. It allows any type of merchant, from a local flower shop up through large enterprises like Apple and McDonald's, to offer their customers instant delivery. For example, if you were to order a Big Mac for delivery on the McDonald's app, McDonald's would then hit the Uber Direct APIs telling Uber about the delivery.
Like Uber Eats, Direct began as a small offering and has the potential to scale rapidly. By joining the team now, you'll get to be a part of that growth!What You Will Do
- Define and execute on an ambitious product roadmap
- Lay out the technical vision for your area
- Develop and lead through the senior engineers on the team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Operations, Design, and other partners
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Backend development experience
- A track record of delivering results in fast-paced and highly ambiguous environments.
- Be able to work cross-functionally with many other roles and partners within the company.
- Full-stack development experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form