This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.Position Responsibilities:
- Coordinate communication and direct activities between the sales team, local & regional field resources and the Pre-Sales & Engineering department.
- Be the SME for electronic security products & services for the local sales teams.
- Perform customer consultations, presentations & demonstrations.
- Conduct detailed field surveys for use in estimating and/or solution design.
- Value engineer solutions to customer specifications, local & national code/standards.
- Build detailed scopes that align to the BOM & solution.
- Build sub-contractor SOW's & Documentation such as floor plans, riser diagrams, and equipment schedules when required.
- Review sub & vendor quotes as needed.
- Work with the local AHJ's (Authority Having Jurisdiction) for permits as needed, and maintain proper certifications & qualifications needed in your assigned jurisdiction. Building, Electrical, Fire Prevention, Occupancy, etc.)
- Participate in Job kickoff meetings & ensure a proper handoff from engineering to the delivery organization.
- Support the FSE's with detailed knowledge of Application Engineering, Estimating, and quoting utilizing Sales Force & CPQ, as well as other software & tools.
- Manage the Work Queue, ensuring resources are fully utilized across the assigned region.
- Manage an FSE training program that ensures FSEs are up to date on new technology and both maintain and grow their knowledge, registration, licensing, & certifications, to ensure constant and consistent growth
- 10+ Years' experience in the Electronic Security field.
- 5+ Years' experience in designing Electronic Security systems Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Access Control System (ACS), CCTV/Video Management System).
- 2+ Years' experience in managing people & teams.
- College or formal training highly recommended (May vary based on experience).
- Expert knowledge of integrated security solutions and design.
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm & Life Safety Code. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Working knowledge of Computer & Networking Systems.
- Working knowledge of door locking hardware.
- Ability to read & interpret electronic security specifications, perform equipment counts (take off's). Identify cable requirements & distances, calculate power load & battery calculations, low voltage systems.
- Ability to work in some CAD/Drawing application such as AutoCAD, Visio, Bluebeam, etc.
- A valid state driver's license, without restrictions, is required for this position
- Ability to climb ladders & lift 50lb's safely.
- Knowledge of high security credentials such as iClass/DESFire & PIV (FICAM), and understanding / certification with UL (681 & 2050) & High Security applications/systems.
- Knowledge of structured cabling / Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Certification.
- Understanding of NFPA code (including local jurisdictions) / NICET Certified