Engineering Manager - Electro Mechanical Motor Controls - Must be within driving distance from Towson, MD.Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Apply engineering concepts and creativity to develop an innovative, reliable, and safe electronic motor controls
- Be able to lead a team of engineers and designers to deliver the Control modules within the cost and timeline constraints of the product
- Coach, mentor and motivate team, developing overall capabilities including technical aptitude, problem-solving, project management, and influence.
- Drive resource planning and supplier development.
- Lead complex and/or multiple and sometimes concurrent projects of an increasing degree of technical complexity and challenge.
- Making sure all the documentation for the product is accurate and is properly maintained
- Work with multidisciplinary teams including marketing, Industrial design, manufacturing, product, and reliability teams to understand user needs, product design constraints and testing needs.
- Perform Structural, thermal analysis for high power electronic assemblies
- Effectively drive advanced root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions
- Design test plans, analyze results from advance testing
- Utilize SBD's Milestone process to develop and deliver technical design in support of new products
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- B.S. Electro Mechanical or Mechanical Engineering discipline, MSME preferred
- 12+years of experience in product development of high-volume electronic modules and assemblies
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software, a must, CATIA V5 preferred
- Familiarity with Printed Circuit Board design, Control module manufacturing desired
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes for various electronic and other products
- Demonstrated ability to design plastic components, metallic components, working with various materials
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet schedule and cost commitments
- Have excellent communication skills to deal with customers and suppliers to meet the targets of scheduled events
- Supplier development for key components and working with contract manufacturers
- Working knowledge of GD&T, tolerance stacks ups, Failure analysis etc
- Strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.