About The Opportunity
Grubhub is a place where an authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Restaurant Supply data engineering team who can provide leadership for a team supporting Grubhub's merchant growth and competition strategies. Your team owns microservices, data pipelines that integrate with data science models to fusing data from multiple sources, and deliver insights to business stakeholders and powering our Sales pipeline. You'll wear a lot of hats - people management, influencing product vision, architecture, design, roadmap, and capacity planning, and most importantly - getting things done. You'll do all this while maintaining the highest levels of Engineering Excellence for your team. The Impact You Will Make
What You Bring to the Table
- Manage a team of data and software engineers - hold 1-on-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, and be responsible for their career progression
- Build cross-functional relationships with stakeholders, product owners, other technologists, and users to create data systems based on a holistic understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Manage data engineering plans across a product vertical. Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Manage tech debt and engineering roadmap for the team.
- Facilitate team's agile operations by overseeing sprints and managing the team backlog.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering or data engineering
- 2+ years of experience of managing a team of engineers as direct reports, and provides mentorship and career growth coaching in a formal setting
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Experience managing multiple scrum processes
- Hands-on experience to build data pipelines and data systems, able to code in SQL and Python
- Familiarity with open source big data frameworks such as Spark, Hive, and Presto
- Experience with AWS and cloud native architecture design
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.