CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
CGS is currently engaged in a high level search for a hi-tech Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will possess strong technical leadership skills to lead an engineering team to execute on product releases and sustaining activities as identified by the business. The candidate must be able to operate in a matrix organization, working with product managers to define business opportunities and articulating them into program objectives. Tactically, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all the new product development and sustaining activities for product line. This includes but is not limited to collaborating with the internal team and/or partners to design, test, qualify, and release products and features to our customers while maintaining schedule, performance, and budget objectives.
- Manage engineering product development and sustaining activities for a product lines across global engineering centers.
- Responsible for systems, projects, programs or operational unit across or within functional areas.
- Create and drive Technology Roadmap as part of long-range product planning.
- Lead efforts to keep abreast of leading-edge technologies and methods to create competitive advantages.
- Ensure strong and growing IP portfolio.
- Own product and systems quality, reliability, safety, and cybersecurity.
- Ensure all products and services are compliant with required regulatory certifications.
- Drive annual material cost out.
- Develop, collaborate and drive engineering standards and best practices.
- Applies expert knowledge that extends across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Accountable for budget, staffing, and/or business/operational results.
- Mentor, Recognize, and appraise staff performance effectively.
- Key communicator of business goals to Project Team and sets Team performance commitments to those goals.
- Develops and supervises key product, program, and business measures. Agrees on goals and allowable variances on these goals, with the business leaders and communicates progress.
- Identify and establish key strategic partners and OEM relationships.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience with new product development in software, hardware and systems engineering.
- Expert in engineering methods, tools, and processes with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplined engineering teams to meet program deliverables on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience establishing strategic partners, OEM relationships, and product introduction into volume manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience with complex system architectures and the development of multi-generation product and technology plans.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, negotiating, problem solving, root cause analysis and influencing skills at all levels and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated global experience and thought leadership, through experience with global teams – open to all expertise regardless of physical location.
- MS Degree desired.
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County, after consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles. CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage in rapidly changing business environments.