The Engineering Manager must lead the Software Engineering Team to meet company objectives, partner with management and develop systems and controls to ensure compliance with quality standards. You also must be a team player who is willing and able to mentor others and contribute to our culture of engineering and operational excellence.
- Work to define and manage engineering team priorities
- Drive team and individual accountability by assigning tickets and tracking progress
- Work with technical team leads to manage team output
- Establish metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Lead incident response across the engineering organization as needed
- Track the release deliverables
- Assist in refining, communicating, and documenting engineering processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of management experience (hiring, managing reports, etc)
- Excellent software architecture skills and a passion for maintainable, organized code
- Experience with AWS, EC3, S3, RDS, CloudFront/CDNs
- Experience driving projects from start to finish for cross-functional teams
- Experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.