Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Site Liaison/Engineer for a key SW development program at USSTRATCOM.The Site Liaison/Engineer provides two major support roles: software capability expertise and first line technical support for system administrators. The Site Liaison/Engineer also serves to bridge the gap between the Government and the software developers for definition and refinement of desired outcomes.
- Coordinate day to day priorities as set by the Government program engineer(s)
-Work side by side with the Government, Government's IT vendor, other contractors, and the software developers
- Work with the Functional Managers to better understand new capabilities and limitations of delivered software
- Work alongside the Government's third-party IT vendor, assists with resolution of system and software functionality issues
- Assist the Government and its IT vendor with the installation, integration, and operationalization of the software
- Establish and expand customer relationships viaopen communication
- On-site technical troubleshooting/support to analyze, identify, and resolve problems relating to the software
- Develop and/or use troubleshooting, monitoring, and reporting tools to analyze the root cause of technical issues
- Provide software maintenance during routine, emergency, and USSTRATCOM exercise periods including 24-hour support
- Support staffing activities and functionally manage a small team Qualifications
BS degree in a technical discipline with recent experience in system and software integration, requirements analysis and definition, automated software deployment, infrastructure as code, testing, and troubleshooting
Hands-on experience working with tools and technologies to include software development, configuration control, testing, security, automation, containerization, orchestration, cloud services, and open source technologies About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).