We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Product Manager with our client in Watertown.This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Product Manager:
Requirements of the Engineering Product Manager:
- Meet business goals - Products and solutions must meet the economic business goals established by the portfolio.
- A successful product achieves the committed financial metrics, hits market adoption milestones, shows a return on investment for customers, as well as streamlining and optimizing the efficient use of the client's internal resources to accomplish this success, particularly through Agile cross-functional team coordination. Product Managers have fundamental clarity on why we will win and continue to win.
- Get it built - Product Managers collaborate with Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Solution Trains to build the required functionality.
- Responsible for the gathering, prioritization, and assimilation of customer and competitor market needs and issues. This includes the positioning, business, launch, and communication plans for the product, solution extensions, solution options, upgrade strategy, and product enhancements.
- Understands investment required to deliver solution, key risk factors, and implication of time to market.
- Able to assess and deliver return on investment consistent with company or business objectives and vision.
- Get it off the shelf - Internally, Product Managers collaborate with R&D and manufacturing to ensure solutions are deployed to internal customers and users; externally, Product Managers collaborate with an even larger set of business stakeholders to deliver products to the market
- Responsible for the overall Product Launch Plan which includes marketing, including design of materials, content production, promotion in key markets, pilot trials, and demonstration. This includes:
- Promoting product and establishing core positioning, promotion, and marketing efforts and design.
- Managing public relations and press.
- Attending trade shows, visiting customers, and promoting product at key marketing events.
- Acting as the subject matter expert for marketing content production, customer presentations, industry and technology analysts, and product presentations
- Financial Management: Responsible for product-specific P&L; deliver the product as committed via the product requirements document and plan with the time frame committed. This aspect includes:
- Coordinating with the VP of Marketing and Sales and Finance to set product pricing with respect to revenue goals and overall budget.
- Consistently meeting deadlines by communicating and coordinating team efforts and
- Leverage support - Product Managers ensure their offerings are supported and enhanced to create a continuous flow of value
- Product Managers work with Business Development and Applications Centers on pre-sales activities, emerging customers requirements, loss analysis and competitive positioning.
- 4 to 7 years of experience with comprehensive technical understanding and market knowledge. An advanced degree (PhD, MBA ...) may substitute for some or all of this requirement.
- Technical expertise in the Gas Sensor or similar field
- An Agile and Servant Leadership mindset
- Effective, efficient communication internal and external to the client.
- Transparent prioritization, organization, and product roadmap.
- Strategic product marketing efforts.
- Effective, big-picture focused problem-solving.
- Good communicator in both verbal and written formats. Comfortable making presentations to varied audiences.
- Detail oriented
- Able to multiplex a number of different work demands while keeping the big picture in clear focus.
- Logical and clear in terms of setting and managing expectations.
- Comfortable in an influencing role, collaborating, and leading. Understanding when each role is appropriate.
- Has a high degree of accountability and ownership.
- Perceptive, creative, and persuasive
Job ID: 337487 About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!