Position Title: Engineering Program Manager - Specialist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Houston, Texas.
- Manages a program involving one or more functions and project teams (team size generally up to 10 people) to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a joint program associated with the top-tier partners.
- Day-to-day accountability for the execution of a program, including scheduling, planning, budget/costing, critical deliverables, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- In support of a larger program team, tracks engineering specific program deliverables and progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet program requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates engineering specific program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to program stakeholders (including senior-level management).
- Collaborates with management and internal development partners to implement changes to program plan to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established program roadmaps and schedules.
- Uses creativity and innovation to resolve program/project issues.
- Deliver program/project on time, on budget, and at the required quality level.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers and program managers, technicians, and external and internal program partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, and Program Core Teams.
- Leads a project requiring engineering development Impact/Scope
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Typically 4-6+ years experience.
- In-depth understanding of the engineering development process in support of building data center solution offerings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Experience with project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track program/project results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers a competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.