What You'll Do
- Program manage small scale projects to include determining schedules, interdependencies, risks, resources and budgets, etc.
- Support quarterly budget efforts across the business to include spend tracking (summaries - over and underspend), PR/PO creation and closure, as well as order tracking to delivery.
- Presenting status and key project information to stakeholders and/or sr. leaders of the organization.
- Working with 3 rd party vendors to support component qualifications (may include being the primary interface between vendor and Cisco).
- Supporting the Program Management team as required on day to day tasks associated with engineering product development.
- Driving improvements in project operations (TTM, quality, and cost). Being empowered to contribute to CSPG’s program management processes, templates, measurement mechanisms and procedures with the intent of improving and optimizing.
Who You'll Work With
The Computing Systems Product Group (CSPG) is looking for a highly motivated and talented Project Specialist to lead various projects and sustaining efforts across the business. The selected candidate will have opportunities to work with a diverse range of projects and activities, while interfacing with a broad range of key stakeholders across engineering, finance, marketing and supply chain operations.
Who You Are
- Entry level experience in project management of HW/SW projects and interfacing with development teams (2+ years).
- Typically requires a BA/BS degree (technical degree preferred)
- Go-getter / Ability to make things happen
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills
- Able to build good working relationships across organizational teams
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Must be able to set priorities, develop work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, track details, juggle multiple projects and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment while delivering results (with only minor direction)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, Smartsheets etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience managing department budgets, material logistics, and small scale projects.
- Experience in HW/SW development environments is a big plus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.