Job Description Auto req ID:
187354BR Job Description
*this role can be based in Chicago, IL or Purchase, NY*
As an Engineering Senior Project Manager, you'll provide value engineering leadership for the pre-paid bottle tooling process with a primary focus on Cost Savings/Value Engineering. This newly-created role will provide Engineering and Technical expertise to Global Procurement (Bottle Center of Excellence) to ensure the proper oversight of the annual capital spend to ensure it meets the complex needs of the business.
This individual will provide best-practice recommendations to ensure PBNA achieves the optimal supply chain costs, including transportation, for merchant-supplied bottles. Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Self-motivated, results- and action-oriented.
- Ability to take calculated risks with all levels of leadership to challenge typical ways of working to unlock productivity savings.
- Strong ability to respectfully challenge decisions when you disagree.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Work effectively in a matrix organization both remotely and in your assigned office location.
- Computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheet, word processing and process mapping software and ability to utilize MS Project and other project tracking software systems.
- BS Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering; Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience in a high-speed bottling manufacturing environment.
- Supply Chain functional experience required.
- Solid understanding about Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) processes.
- Individual project CAR expenditure experience should be in excess of $5.0MM.
- Ability to travel; individual can expect to be out of the office up to 30% of the time.
Not Eligible for Relocation Job Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the availableEEO is the Law
&EEO is the Law Supplement
documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view ourPay Transparency Statement