Senior Software Engineer for U.S. Government Client
Tetra Concepts, a Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) company, a recognized leader in solving the toughest management and technology problems of our defense and intelligence community is actively seeking a System Administrator
to join our growing team located in Salt Lake City, UT. TS/SCI with poly needed.
This position shall be 80% Systems Administration II, 20% Engineering Technician. You Bring (System Administration II) :
You Bring (Engineering Technician):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and have five years of demonstrable experience in system administration . Five additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- A fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Experience with installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Ability to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Ability to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, and email.
Benefits You'll Enjoy:
- Associate's degree in computer technology or 2 years of full time work in a High Performance computer field that can be substituted for the AA degree.
- Understanding of the concepts, procedures and guidelines to solve highly complex problems in the maintenance and hardware/software network infrastructure.
- Experience performing system set-up, experiments and diagnostics to evaluate printed circuit board exchanges, and troubleshoot and make component repairs based on test results.
- Knowledge and experience of LINUX Operations Systems,
- Knowledge and experience in electronics component repair.
- Ability to communicate and work well in an effective team environment.
- Ability to lift ~50lbs.
What Employees Say:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage (company paid premiums)
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k with 100% immediate vest in the plan
- $7,500 referral bonus for fully-cleared candidates
- Tuition/training assistance and Technology Allowance
"Exceptional people to work with on a daily basis."
"Very good pay and monthly organized fun events for employees" EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer's expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required Engage Your Expertise
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
Join us at PSS, where your mission is ours.