We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company.
The North American Regulatory Compliance Team is a key component of Global Tools and Storage - Power Tools Group. Our mission is to aid product development through Compliance testing against regulatory Standards.Who You Are
You're a hands-on person who loves taking things apart and putting them back together. You love working with a large variety of power tools, gardening tools, and home products. Additionally, you have:
What You'll Do
- Experience in a position requiring hands on mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical measuring equipment a plus (examples include oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, dynamometers and thermocouples)
- Strong basic computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- A work ethic that makes you self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently on multiple projects as well as closely with team to meet deadlines
- Unquestionable integrity due to the critical importance of approval testing
As a Technician, Regulatory Compliance, you'll be part of our Power Tools Group team located in Towson, MD. Specifically, you'll:
Benefits & Perks
- Perform assembly and disassembly of power tools for analytical purposes
- Use standard electrical and measuring instruments as well as specialized safety fixtures and equipment
- Plan, set up, and conduct mechanical and electrical testing according to established product safety standards and protocols
- Review and evaluate test data for accuracy, completeness, and for compliance with standards and correct laboratory practices
- Communicate interpretations and results to engineering staff
- Follow all Lab recommended procedures such as safety, housekeeping, calibration, etc.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.