Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to build significant and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta employees are problem solvers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a best-in-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
As an Enterprise Agile Coach, you will work closely with executives, leaders, teams, and business partners throughout the organization to ensure effective value delivery based upon defined agile principles. The goal is to coach, guide, mentor, empower, and encourage each team to self-sustainability of agile practices. You will help the team focus on sprint goals and achieve their highest performance levels. The Enterprise Agile Coach has worked their career to mentor those around them and is able to evolve Delta Air Lines through the agile transformation journey. As an Enterprise Agile Coach, you will provide coaching and guidance across the organization to ensure the delivery of "value" from the people, product, and organization.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Trains and coach teams in backlog refinement, estimation, planning, measuring, and reporting.
- Apply Agile techniques to help the business build product backlogs, prioritize them, and drive value for Agile Delivery Teams within a scaling effort.
- Contribute to the Agile roadmap and enables transformation of a team across portfolio and requisite business partners on transparency, empowerment, self-organization and responsive action.
- Guide Agile teams, shared services teams, systems teams, etc. to improve their ability to be predictive using right estimation and capacity planning techniques.
- Mentor junior Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Product Owners/Managers, and Program Managers to continuously evolve and mature to Agile ways of thinking. - Help and provide guidance on setting up communities of practice (CoP) and sustaining them.
- Own the Agile Transformation, including the use of scaling methods and value stream identification and optimization.
- Lead workshops and training sessions focused on educating individuals within a portfolio including growth mindset, agile values, principles and practices, and tool enablement.
- Launch and support value streams and help reduce lead-times, reduce impediments, and improve the flow of value and delivery.
- Align to the Agile Coaching Office strategy and support Enterprise Coaches and/or peers through the organization.
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of Enterprise Cloud Transformation.
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Deliver coaching, training and mentoring to developers, administrators and architects to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement within the Agile team.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- 5 or more years in Software Delivery, with at least 3+ years as an Enterprise Agile Coach
- Migrating and coaching a program or portfolio from traditional waterfall delivery to Agile ways of working
- Experience in Product Visioning, Road-mapping, Release Planning, Iterative Planning/Continuous Planning (Scrum/Kanban events) with Agile team of teams or within a scaling context
- Professional Certification Required: SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or ICAgile Credential
- Demonstrated ability with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Experience in product development and delivery within an enterprise-level organization
- Technically savvy and understanding of Agile technical practices and how they operate within an Agile organization (CI, CD, XP, TDD, BDD etc.)
- Strong experience facilitating and training individuals within an organization including Agile values and practices, Scrum, Kanban, Process, and practices
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods and technologies of cloud migration and cloud products.