We hope you are staying safe. We are hiring a Enterprise Application Android Architect to join our Digital Engineering team. The person needs to have a strong fundamental engineering and Android skills. This position requires experience in designing, developing and deploying Internal Enterprise Application using Airwatch or Microsoft InTune MDM.
Who are we?
For the past 20 years, we have powered many Digital Experiences for the Fortune 500. Since 1999, we have grown from a few people to more than 4000 team members across the globe that are engaged in various Digital Modernization. For a brief 1 minute video about us, you can check https://youtu.be/uJWBWQZEA6o.
What will you do?
- Promote and / or evaluate new emerging technology and/or existing mobile APP/application technology throughout the solution lifecycle in a way that revolutionizes Dow’s long-term strategy and future.
- Coordinate APP/application technology development needs/requirements that support mobile technology solutions.
- Collaborate with APP/application technology development teams to implement systems that support the business goals.
- Define testing requirements against determined technical & functional requirements
- Ensure APP/application technology aligns to company IT architecture and security standards
- Provide technical and process expertise to the team on issue identification, escalation, problem diagnostics and correction.
- Develop and document detailed enterprise mobile architecture solutions for complex global enterprise customers.
- Serve as the architect and sr. technical lead for app development teams, support the technical deliverables from requirements phase through final app deployment.
- Participate in development activity, code review sessions and mentor junior team members.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of software experience in mobile application development (Android).
- Must have Enterprise Deployment experience. i.e. the deploying internal applications to an Enterprise
- Experience with connecting internal Enterprise Application with Enterprise SSO such as Okta, Ping Identity, ForgeRock, LDAP or Active Directory
- Experience with securing internal application using approaches such as Geofencing, IP listing and RBAC (Role Based Access Control)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures, as well as process-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Hands on development experience and full understanding of mobile app development pipeline and process including development of applications that interface with hardware accessories.
- Solid understanding on good UI/UE practices on mobile platforms.
- Ability to lead internal and external development of Android applications.
- Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Ability to understand and debug system issues spanning app, cloud and embedded firmware domains and an ability to make system level design tradeoffs and decisions.