Did you know that Zions Bancorporation is the second largest hirer of technology professionals in the Salt Lake City area? Learn more about our enterprise technology group and how we're shaping the future of banking. At Zions, our difference is our people, so we're dedicated to helping you grow in your career.
Zions Bancorporation is currently seeking an experienced Enterprise Architect
that will focus on the application and integrations domains. As an Enterprise Architect you will embrace Zions digital banking vision and contribute your leadership to achieve that vision. This person will be a catalyst for change, an advocate for the enterprise, and have a direct impact on Zions Bancorporation.
Zions Bancorporation's Enterprise Technology and Operations (ETO) team is transforming what it means to work for a financial institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven environment, which means we need people who bring diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet the ever-changing demands of a technology-driven world. We are grounded in the belief that "improving the work is the work" as we drive to create simple, easy, and fast solutions for our customers. Your ability to adapt, learn, and innovate helps increase revenue, reduce operational costs, and mitigates risk.
ETO provides opportunities for you to own your career growth through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women in Technology, and Workforce of the Future initiatives that allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. Together we are building a culture that values diversity and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. We believe that investing in your success is an investment in our customers and our business. Our people are what sets us apart and make us great.
- Create new business insight and perspective, clarify and illumincate strategice goals and strategies, guide strategy implementation, analyze buiness capabilites and identify sysnergistic opportunities.
- Develop domain strategies and principles
- Build reference architectures and related patterns that will be leveraged by the enterprise
- Provide technical leadership on strategic enterprise initiatives
- Understand business objectives, research potential strategies, architect and design solutions.
- Provide leadership to guide implementations.
- Participate in business and technology strategice planning processes and guide business capability and technical capability roadmaps.
- Establish future-state enterprise-centric IT architectures that consider business, information, application, infrastructure and security perspectives.
- Focus on the consistency, completeness, interoperability and quality of solutions.
- Advocate for simple, standard, centralized and automated solutions to business needs.
- Mature the Enterprise Architecture practice.
- Stay current on technologies, technology trends and directions, and best practices.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in multiple technical domains.
- Experience in digital business transformation.
- Experience in enterprise application integration (EAI).
- Understanding of information architecture concepts that enable well-integrated transactional, analytical and collaborative systems.
- Strong business and IT financial management acumen.
- Understanding of enterprise IT Service Management concepts.
- Ability to establish and lead IT Centers of Excellence.
- Knowledge of cloud migration strategies and best practices.
- 8 plus years of experience in enterprise architecture and IT leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- Proven track record of influencing change and leading strategic enterprise IT initiatives to achieve well-defined business objectives.
- Broad industry experience and broad IT leadership experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders and technical experts at all organizational levels.
- Ability to listen for understanding, resolve conflicts, negotiate compromise, and collaboratively lead business leaders and project teams to optimal solutions.
- Ability to cultivate a shared strategic vision, articulate clear business objectives, and align the organization to achieve them.
- Banking or other Financial Services experience is a plus.
A combination of education & experience may meet requirements.
Ideally this position will be in Salt Lake City, but there is a possibility for remote work.
Pay Range: $140,000 - $160,000
Bonus: This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus
At Zions Bancorporation, we need team members who can get the job done and do it with enthusiasm. As a company, we are always striving to make the business better so we can make our customer's lives easier. Are you passionate about making a difference for people in your community? As a corporation comprised of community banks, we need people like you, who can make positive change.
Zions is full of people just like you who share the same values and work ethic. Our diverse workforce offers endless opportunities to expand your skills and gain valuable experience that will help you advance your career. Let's talk about how we can help one another succeed.