Apex Systems is seeking a Enterprise Architect in Sawgrass, FL (Currently Remote) for a permanent job opportunity.
If interested in applying, please send an updated resume to John Edwardsat jcedwards @apexsystems.com .What are the top 3 MUST HAVE technologies or Required experience of the position?-
- Cloud-base solutions experience (Azure preferred)
- Experience roadmapping and building diagrams
- Experience as an IT high-level architect What are the top 3 NICE TO HAVES:
Azure Job Description Position Summary:
The Enterprise Architect works closely with counterparts in the business to align technical solutions with business needs.
They work through others at every level of the organization soliciting strategic imperatives from senior leaders and executives and supporting business unit managers as they leverage Enterprise Architecture artifacts to create their business plans and associated IT plans.
Their focus is on the business layer of Enterprise Architecture, but with the practical experience to translate that to data, applications and technology solutions.
Finally, they may provide direct input into the architecture governance cycle that supports the achievement of key goals, planning and execution of various business scenarios, and delivery of bottom line business value. Primary Duties:
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise and translating that to IT capabilities and plans for delivery.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- Define future states and roadmaps that can easily be understood by senior IT and business executives and managers.
Formal Education & Certification
- 10 + years of cumulative experience as a business analyst, business facing technologist or architect.
- An additional 2 + years of experience as an Enterprise Architect with extensive exposure to business architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field / Advanced degree strongly preferred
- TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 & 2 Certification a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- strong analytics skills. - Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong customer service skills and focus required.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Advanced expertise across multiple areas / technologies. This is an IT role.
- Experience with Cloud solutions and the interconnectivity of systems in cloud, on prem, vendor hosted, etc...
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives - Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office.
- Also requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry items that are less than 50 pounds.
- Finger dexterity required in operating a computer keyboard and a calculator.
- Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time. This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all Job duties a candidate may experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or