SHIFT: Day Job
Preferred Location: Atlanta, GA
Other locations: Richmond, VA / Mason, OH / Norfolk, VA
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc.
, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you'll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care. Enterprise Architect Executive
The Enterprise Architect position will be leading Enterprise Architecture and Design within the technology functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of Anthem. Also this position will be responsible for hands-on Application Architecture and Design for current and new Application initiatives while maintaining the exceptional level of professionalism and customer service standards that Anthem has attained within the healthcare industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make ongoing recommendations of Architecture standards and system configurations
- Analyzing the current Application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Enabling an innovative approach to system architecture standards which greatly increase the flexibility, scalability, and reliability of IT services at a lower cost
- Providing expert level EA knowledge and counsel to others
- Driving the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Developing, supporting, and communicating EA policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Delivering highly complex Architecture & Design using in-depth knowledge within the EA domain
- Partner with other architects and engineering teams to define, design and implement components of the platform and application architecture.
- Provide hands-on help in supporting the App Dev team with their project needs.
- Assist in technical presentations and info-sharing sessions to create a clear and uniform understanding of the new systems to various constituents within
- Provide guidance and lead resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Lead and support the needs of strategic roadmap and Blueprint activity.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall system design and architecture.
- Responsible for creating roadmap documents, architectural documents, process documents, standards documents and governance documents.
- At times, responsible for assisting with client and project engagements to document technical requirements for database, applications, integration, infrastructure, etc.
- Evaluate technologies for technology strategy.
- Assist with due diligence on M&A activity as well as develop future state roadmaps for any integration
- Drive the design and construction of a client's complex business problems into innovative technology solutions.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; 8 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MS/MA degree preferred.
- 12 years of experience in information technologies and/or 8 years of experience in health care industry preferred.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and/or product development, Healthcare industry preferred
- 5+ Experience with SOA standards, including SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON, XSLT etc.,
- Experience designing and implementing Healthcare applications
- Broad knowledge of current technology, tools and techniques for software development.
- Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST, ISO27001 etc.,
- Excellent Written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience Agile software development life cycles
- Experience with Event and Domain Driven Design a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience creating artifacts within an EA framework (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner, etc.).
- Experience in facilitating transformational change through the use of architectural roadmaps.
- Experience with communicating and promoting the value of EA within an organization.
- Experience with Architecture and Design tools a plus.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.