The Enterprise Architect is a client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value- added technical advocate for Sirius clients. An Enterprise Architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Infrastructure solutions, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to LOUs (Letters of Understanding), HLDs (High Level Design), BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes (with pricing), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to Sirius. Lastly, the Enterprise Architect role requires the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
The Enterprise Architect has deep subject matter expertise of solutions in multiple LOBs (Infrastructure, Security, Digital, Data). The Enterprise Architect (EA) is an expert in “Art of the Deal” for multiple LOBs, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. Has a very good understanding of technology solutions in adjacent LOBs. An EA often functions as a single point of contact for multiple technologies, functions as a team leader & mentors within Sirius. The EA leads, positions and sells both implementation, advisory and strategy services for multiple LOB domains without additional pre-sales assistance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding client’s business challenges and proposing solutions
- Develops High Level Designs and Architectures – Creates and documents architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals – Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases and RFP responses
- Researches current and emerging technologies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and presents to management
- Performs business outcome assessments across multiple architectures
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long-term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
- Billable Consulting – Provide services as part of client projects that are billable. Usually in a project oversight mode
- Maintains the minimum services participation target objective
- Mentors other engineers to apply engineering background knowledge for project design, analysis, and project coordination of services or products
- Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of Sirius intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure, Storage, etc.), including five (5) years of experience with large enterprise cross-brand projects
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Four (4) years billable consulting experience
- Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments
- CTO, CIO,CISO experience a plus
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Technical Architect through Sr. Solutions Architect levels, plus the following:
Drives Vision and Focus - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
Drives Engagement - Structures the work so it aligns with people's goals and motivators. Empowers others. Makes each person feel his/her contributions are important. Invites input and shares ownership and visibility. Shows a clear connection between people's motivators and the organizational goals.
Optimizes Work Processes - Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow. Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
Strategic Mindset – Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
Cultivates Innovation - Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.