The State Court Administrator's office is seeking a Business Analyst for our Information Technology Division. The Business Analyst's role is to provide business analysis services to support the development of new Minnesota Judicial Branch computer applications, and enhancements to existing applications to meet business needs.
Work responsibilities include researching, eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business requirements for internal and external development of judicial applications. The business analyst will create models such as diagrams, process flows and use cases used for analysis. During the development process, the business analyst provides leadership in evaluating solutions offered, and engages internal or external development teams, and project members to address identified gaps, design issues or impacts to existing functionality noted in technical solutions for business needs.
This position requires detailed knowledge (or ability to acquire detailed knowledge) of branch applications supported by the Judicial Applications Management and Services department, and knowledge of court business processes related to supported applications.
Example of Duties:
- Research, identify, analyze and document requirements for new application development or enhancements to existing applications, using appropriate methodologies such as business process models, use cases and diagrams.
- Ensure written requirements are clear, concise, complete, confirmed, consistent and testable.
- Responsible for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of meeting notes and follow up documents related to development meetings.
- Responsible for tracking of design and requirement documents such that information is organized and communicated to all parties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating meetings related to requirements, design document review and walk through of development documentation and sprints.
- Coordinate and monitor the development cycle with internal or vendor development staff.
- Project tracking, status updates, and follow-up for successful and timely completion of development projects.
- Provide business expertise in the development process for court-related applications and perform research, analysis, problem solving and investigation related to development issues.
- Keep current with judicial applications and the technical skills necessary for effective use of court applications or ability to perform duties assigned.
- Create and maintain SharePoint sites to meet the needs of requirements dissemination and monitoring.
- Assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Provide assistance for various court applications and/or other commonly used office software as needed.
- Participate in development of standards and procedures for Business Analysts as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven analysis and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of business analysis tasks, responsibilities and best practices.
- Facilitation skills, experience conducting meetings, scribing and soliciting contributions from attendees.
- Experience creating flowcharts, and diagrams of business or systems processes.
- Experience with testing, and knowledge of testing best practices.
- Understanding of the role of Minnesota courts and courts business practices desired.
- Familiarity with the following applications or tools a plus.
- Court case management systems (i.e.; C-Track, Odyssey Case Management )
- Efiling applications (i.e. C-Track E-File; File and Serve)
- Web Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to plan, organize and perform work with deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, supervisors, customers, etc.
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and adapt quickly to change.
- Successful candidate is subject to a criminal background check.
SALARY RANGE: $29.11-$45.09/hour ($60,781.68-$94,147.92 annually). Starting salary depending upon qualifications.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays each year. Visit www.mn.gov/mmb.segip for benefits information.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
To Apply: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov. Please attach a resume and cover letter expressing your interest.
Minnesota Judicial Branch
Human Resources Recruiting, Room G08
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age.