GEICO is seeking an Enterprise Business Architect
with deep diverse experience who can navigate the challenge of pushing the organization to envision forward thinking solutions that meet or exceed our key business performance measures.
Our Enterprise Business Architect works closely with business leadership to envision and develop strategies that challenge current thinking, processes and rules. You will enable strategic, big-picture design thinking for the business and how it operates, while collaborating with business and technical counterparts to drive delivery of systems that clearly align to key business performance indicators. You will work closely with Enterprise Technical Architects to align business strategy with technology capabilities. Our Enterprise Business Architect also provides a comprehensive, enterprise and operational view, ensures output and artifact quality at all levels, and works closely with the Enterprise Technical Architect to align business and technical strategy across a myriad of scenarios. You will work across the enterprise domains to drive architecture and design runways that result in implemented business solutions.Responsibilities
- Engage with senior levels of leadership (both technical and business) with clear communication, appropriate levels of context and explanation, using visual and data representations when needed, to effect decisions and direction of strategy, and bridge the gap between business and tech-speak.
- Assess business trends and direction providing guidance on how those trends will impact organization opportunities as well as risks
- Develop business architecture strategies based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Partner with the Enterprise Technical Architect to ensure consistent translation of enterprise architecture decisions to solution architects, conduct solution design reviews, and arbitrate solution design conflicts across domains
- Collaborate with domain Solution Architects to translate enterprise architecture to solution design
- Align business strategies to key business performance metrics
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Capture tactical and strategic goals to provide traceability through the organization
- Drive and facilitate the discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities that inform current and future business objectives
- Describe the primary business functions distinguishing between customer-facing, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe the technology impacts on people, resources, and controls involved in technical and business processes.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Technical Architect and leaders to develop architecture roadmaps
- Lead, build, manage, enhance technology capability models along a maturity and optimization framework to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Able to communicate clearly, using data, and build relationships to effect influence
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate technology options and apply to complex business problems
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Capacity and commitment to acquiring new skills outside of current area of expertise
- Demonstrated passion and deep involvement with technology
- Creative and open-minded
Minimum of 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect designing and implementing large-scale software solutions in large complex organizations
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in P&C Insurance with a strong understanding of insurance and insurance business processes
5+ years' experience in the following areas:
- Exposure to multiple business domains
- Developing strategic, business, and data context models
- Defining business capabilities and value stream development
- Use of model-based representations to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Application of architectural principles to business solutions
Expertise with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar softwareEducation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained and can work from anywhere remotely.
As an Enterprise Business Architect, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.