Full Relocation package being offered for this position. Onsite 3 days per week
- SME for Citrix (VDA and VDI) who can drive proper Citrix cloud architecture as well as the companies current VDI deployment.
- Evaluate thin clients for Citrix use and provide guidance.
- Support day to day Citrix escalations.
- Perform Citrix engineering work in lab, dev, prod as well as assist on all other related Citrix projects.
Workplace Experience - Citrix Engineer
As a member of the Workplace Experience Team, you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and improvement of the firm wide next generation user environment—but specifically Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops in a multi-cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.). In this role you will provide advanced support on all VDI, EUE (End User Experience), and remote access issues as we modernize all aspects of our remote app and desktop offerings.
- Design, build, refine, and maintain a world class virtual desktop environment
- Continuously move the company forward by researching new and emerging technologies
- Build efficient, resilient, and adequately documented systems so the team can focus on the next priority instead of operational tasks
- Architect and implement automation to streamline the management, creation, and maintenance of the companies remote environment ensuring a consistent, reliable, and high-performing environment
- Author design documents, Service Desk training documentation, facilitate peer review, and lead presentations to committees for approval
- Effectively troubleshoot issues to resolution while embracing the culture of root cause analysis
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between support engineering resources and the company.
- Assist with continuous monitoring of systems, software, and hardware
- Proactively identify issues related to the CVAD (Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop) environment and help resolve them quickly
- Handle incoming incident reports and effectively troubleshoot issues to resolution while embracing the culture of root cause analysis
- Experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop), FAS, ADC (formerly NetScaler), and Storefront
- Experience managing ADC in a multi-region, multi-zone HA environment
- Experience managing ADCs using Citrix Application Delivery Management (ADM) as the centralized management solution.
- Experience in managing an enterprise VDI environment (5,000+ active users worldwide) including persistent and non-persistent
- Strong understanding of Windows 10 and Office 365
- Strong understanding of modern management concepts using SCCM and/or Intune and Autopilot (image creation, driver management, software deployment, and patch management)
- Support of Windows folder redirection, ideally to OneDrive
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Group Policy, DNS, Networking, and Active Directory
- Experience with PowerShell, batch, VBScript, Terraform or other automation technologies
- Experience with Windows profile management solutions such as FSLogix andCitrix UPM
- Expertise maintaining appropriate VDI endpoint hardware, such as IGEL/WYSE thin clients
- Strong communication, interpersonal and diagnostic skills
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and prioritize accordingly
- Managing workload using Agile methodologies including sprints and story points
- Experience leveraging Workspace Environment Management service (WEM) for resource and profile management
- Understanding of Citrix Cloud offerings
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, AVD, or other third-party cloud providers
- Experience implementing modern patch management practices for frequent operating system and application updates. For example, Windows 10 feature updates, Microsoft Office 365 update channels, and cumulative preview Windows Updates.