The SAIC National Security Group is seeking an Enterprise Cloud Architect to join our team in support of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI).
The position must quickly develop a broad understanding of the ODNI CTO's initiatives. They must project a professional demeanor, utilizing oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills are important as this position requires working with and getting buy-in from senior professional staff, and mid to high-level government leadership within the ODNI. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to take the initiative on tasks supporting the ODNI CTO.
Additionally, the candidate may be involved in the evaluation and recommendation of commercial and open-source technologies for large-scale data systems providing high availability, geographic diversity, and low latency. The candidate must be capable of detailed technical writing, effective visual presentations, and sound verbal communication with peers and senior management.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering and Documentation development:
- Create technical cloud documentation for review by the CTO
- Provide system engineering support across the Enterprise's IT disciplines (ie, virtual and physical servers, cloud technologies and network)
- Provide technical leadership of the integration of IT requirement, design and technology
- Provide technical/management leadership on major task or technology assignments
- Provide architectural documents review to include technical review and evaluation
- Provide guidance for capability development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system engineering integration and test plans
- Provide oversight and strategic direction in the enterprise and system architecture practices, principles, documentation and governance
- Communications skills very important: written, oral
- Will work closely with government customers to define requirements, implement business logic and refine applications
- Provide written recommendations to address problems of system integration, compatibility and platforms
- Assist with the identifying metrics and analyzing measures associated with all ODNI IT systems;
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance w/CI polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 14+ years of experience or an additional 4 years of experience without a degree.
- Knowledge of current cloud computing environments, architectures, and migration efforts
- Specific detailed knowledge with AWS cloud and Microsoft Azure cloud, or other cloud service providers;
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and lead tasks;
- Ability to work with short-notice requirements and fluid priorities;
- Self-starter who requires little or no direction or supervision;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; specific experience interacting with senior government or commercial leadership;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Minimum of three years of experience in supporting the IC
- AWS Certifications
- MS Azure Certifications
- Previous work experience supporting Technology Officers or Technical Directors;
- 5 years combined government or commercial experience in technology and/or technical guidance and support;
- Recent experience performing in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) role
My SAIC Benefits.