Our direct client is seeking an Enterprise Data Director for their Columbia, SC location. This is a direct hire opportunity.
TheEnterprise Data Directorwill be responsible for establishing and operationalizing the Office of Data Management in developing and governing the company's data strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. The position will lead the development of information standards, procedures, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in information management, leadership and information technology systems and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage data as a strategic asset and operationalize data governance, data quality and other controls to sustain the integrity of organization's information
- Partners with the Product team, Marketing, IT and business lines to exploit the value of enterprise information assets and empowering a data-driven culture.
- Partners with business teams to identify current information challenges and opportunities for synergies. Advises teams and business leaders on established governance standards, procedures, and controls
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage the corporate risk associated with the use of information
- Organize and lead the data governance council while providing oversight to governance policy creation and compliance
- Design and implement data strategies, along with overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of information
- Collaborate with Information Security department to implement data privacy policies and comply with information protection regulations
- Work with project teams and solution owners to ensure that new and existing solutions adhere to architecture standards, advance the enterprise wide data capability roadmap, and ensure that controls are in place to ensure high levels of data quality
- Provide guidance, expertise and best practice recommendations and solutions to teams working on data-related initiatives
- Accountable for the establishing design and implementation standards around conceptual, logical and physical data models to support the enterprise information strategies of the organization
- Provides direction and leadership support to consultants, technical staff and team members to achieve business, partners and customer goals
- Develops and trains staff to have the capabilities and abilities to execute at a high level of performance, timeliness, efficiency, effectiveness, and professionalism
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Data Science or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience in a senior-level data management role or data solutions delivery or related experience, preferably in the financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Master's/advanced degree in information technology or related field strongly preferred
- Proficient in data governance and data management policies, standards and procedures
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain data management concepts, to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists. The candidate should be able to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels
- Experience in the financial services and/or agricultural industry, with a basic knowledge of banking and lending terminology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to secure support and engagement from internal and external stakeholders, management, and business partners, and work with cross-functional team members to support business processes and system solutions. Client facing consulting experience preferred
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage diverse, cross functional teams and a complex data-oriented program, make recommendations for action, and produce on-time results
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to manage and schedule workload and projects in order to navigate peaks and prioritize multiple competing commitments. Skilled at managing short-term objectives to meet long-term goals
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Able to lead teams, work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management and executive leadership across the company
- Proficient of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)