State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) is a $39 billion, not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members which has provided active and retired employees and public school teachers of the State of North Carolina (and their families) consumer financial services for over 81 years. SECU provides consumer loan, deposit and card products and services including mortgage, vehicle, unsecured and credit card loans, checking accounts and debit cards. Savings account products include basic savings, money market, share term certificates of deposit, IRA and other accounts. Additional services include a diversified line of financial advisory services consisting of retirement and education planning, tax preparation, insurance products, investment services and trust and estate planning services through partners and affiliated entities.
SECU wholly owns four subsidiaries (credit union service organizations): a life insurance company, a property management company, an investment advisory company and an introducing broker/dealer. SECU also funds a private foundation. SECU serves 2.3 million members through over 6,600 employees, 265 branch offices, nearly 1,100 ATMs, 24/7/365 support centers, mobile access and an interactive website (www.ncsecu.org). The corporate offices of SECU are in the dynamic, vibrant and growing city of Raleigh, NC.
The (Enterprise Data Manager) position will be accountable for driving the data governance strategy and implementation across the enterprise to champion the value of data assets. The position resides in the Information Services (IS) division and will be responsible for data protection and privacy, information governance, data standards, data quality and data lifecycle management. This position will require a leadership approach that is engaging, collaborative and business driven with a proven ability to work with others to best balance the value of digital assets along with business and IT priorities.
- Define and implement strategies and objectives for data governance.
- Build associated road maps ensuring the alignment of the enterprise.
- Define and implement a framework (including associated processes) necessary to sustain a data control environment for IS and our business owners.
- Work with management in the lines of business to communicate the vision of the data governance and management program.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance related to storing, analyzing and leveraging data for the enterprise.
- Chair data governance working committee and coordinate subcommittee activities.
- Champion a training and communications program to raise data awareness and establish the goal of improving the quality, security and effectiveness of data across the enterprise.
- Establish mature data domains and business ownership via essential data management roles (i.e. Data Stewards).
- Participate in industry collaborative efforts to be knowledgeable of data developments and risks.
- Develop and implement metrics needed to monitor/report on data management progress and the impact the data program is having on enabling the business and improving data.
- Ensure current policies and procedures comply with all relevant data protection regulations
- IT and business work experience, with at least 7 years in management.
- Proven data literacy and demonstrated knowledge of data management practices (critical data elements, data dictionaries, data architecture, data quality, etc.)
- Background in a large financial services company or in a highly regulated environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Analytics, Data Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Demonstrated information management and quantitative skills, including in-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture related to data, applications and technology.
- A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands.
- Understands “DATA” as an asset in a financial organization.
- Presentation, communication and listening skills are critical.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Must be able to cooperate and collaborate with co-workers.
- Must be cordial in all interactions with members and co-workers.
- Must adhere to the work schedule and attendance policy established by the organization.
We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa’s at this time.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet