Description Job Description:
Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for an Enterprise IT/Data Center Solution Architect to join our IT Modernization and Cyber team in support of our federal civil customers. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of operating and maintaining the data center infrastructure and operating systems, including support, maintenance, performance and uptime of the Enterprise Data Center. This includes responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate. The architect will conduct hardware and server patching, including upgrade activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services; and will provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As a Solution Architect, you will work hand-in-hand with office of technology, business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of data center systems, ensuring compliance of access control, property coordination and accountability, equipment installations/removal, power space and cooling oversight, and general daily operations
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information systems are secure
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of data center systems, architecture, and application availability
- Monitor to ensure operating systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures
- Receive and analyze system alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and applications and ensure appropriate service levels. Includes physical servers, network devices and other hardware essential to data center operations.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network Operations Center
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics
- Assist the Cyber Team to employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness). Assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Provide physical and virtual data center support; document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
- Provide incident notification to Government representatives
- Liaise with DC support staff, customers/users, and manage DC SLAs
Preferred Qualifications & Certifications
- Hands-on Experience in working datacenters with DoD like networks, including NIPR, SIPR.
- Ability to assist with planning and implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the data centers / network
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of virtualization, operating systems, and computer hardware / software, etc.
- Evaluate, report, and compare (AoA) on new virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of the operating environment
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Preferred certification: Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI); VMware Certified Administrator (VCA)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification such as:
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working with datacenter technologies and datacenter operations.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD)
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, industry standards and other applicable codes related to the design and layout of IT, low voltage and telecommunications systems
- Ability to define and understand program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports, trade studies, white papers and proposal content
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.