Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient
Our Civil Group
offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers' needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities: Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be eligible for DOE L/Q Clearance.TRAVEL
: This position requires up to 50% travel to areas including KY/OH/NM/VA/MD. When not traveling work will be performed at the local customer site or home office.
Leidos Civil Group has an opening for a motivated and energetic Solution Architect to join our Enterprise IT Modernization and Cyber team, in support of our federal civil customers including Department of Energy (DOE), NNSA and EPA. In this role, you will help our DOE customer solve their most demanding challenges via technology, modernization, and transformation processes, and proven methods and solutions. As a Solution Architect, you will work hand-in-hand with business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
The ideal candidate for the role will have experience in using a Systems Engineering approach in implementing and communicating solutions for Critical Infrastructure Protection, including industrial control systems; Enterprise IT modernization; Cyber Security; Data Center operations, Software implementation, and Cloud Services Adoption. Highly desirable are the candidate's knowledge of solutions for securing Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT), and ability to develop and implement innovative approaches and transformational roadmaps.Responsibilities Include:
- In coordination with program teams and Office of Technology (OOT) leadership, identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
- Define/Create Technology Roadmaps and communicate architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and stakeholders.
- Drive collaboration across teams to ensure activities align with the customer vision for the enterprise
- Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions, basis of estimates, and industry relationships via responses to RFPs, new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and Leidos' corporate Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities and to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
- Collaborate with teams to conduct trade studies that support architecture concepts for software and hardware, including capacity planning and for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and processes to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting-edge solutions that are scalable.
- Develop and/or maintain guiding documents, such as mission service transition plans and CONOPs.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members; encourage innovative solutions to complex system problems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure work product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- BS Degree in a technical field and 8-10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters and 6-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience and/or Excellent verbal and written communication skills, for presentations, white papers and proposal responses
- Proven success with hands on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
Hands on expertise in any two of the following areas:
- Full stack developer skills for software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model (CICD/DevOps)
- Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), ITIL, CMDB, ServiceNow, Process Improvement, SLA management
- Cloud architect skills including migration and management of cloud environments with end-to-end architecture design (AWS, Azure, O365, Google Cloud Platform, SalesForce, Oracle)
- Full spectrum cyber capabilities, including NIST 800-53, RMF, Cybersecurity and Cyber Intelligence and Cyber for IT/OT convergence
Expertise in any of the following areas:
- Critical Operational Technology (OT), ICS, SCADA, PLC, legacy controllers and firmware
- ML or AI: Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Predictive Modeling and Decision Support
- Network Architecture, Software Defined Networking, DMZ, Firewalls, Cisco ACI
- Hyper converged Infrastructure (VMware, Nutanix)
- Unified Communications (Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Teams)
- Industry leading certifications: AWS, Azure, SANS, Cisco
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year. External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.