Enterprise Architecture can be simply described as a discipline that brings engineering rigor to the design of the business. At Blue Shield, EA is responsible for delivering the corporate EA strategy and creating architectural standards that drive technology decisions and practices across the enterprise. In other words, EA helps the business and the rest of IT to better understand, plan, align, enable, and mature the capabilities needed for Blue Shield to accomplish our mission of offering high quality, affordable healthcare to all Californians.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and advisory services to IT and project teams to ensure that solutions are in line with the architecture direction and business strategies.
- Work collaboratively across the company to drive adoption of technical standards, design principles and architecture patterns.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers, designers and developers.
- Develop Architecture documents / artifacts from templates working with extended IT and Business teams.
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigations risks, adherence to standards and best practices.
- Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends and apply that knowledge to architecture designs.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Document and publish the Information reference architecture, including guidelines and standards for designing and developing target state information management capabilities.
- Extensive experience with data integration, data warehousing and analytics solutions.
- Wide knowledge of architecture standards and patterns, a passion for advocating their correct usage end excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Skilled in business domain modeling and logical and physical relational data modeling/design.
- Highly skilled modeler in both operational transaction and data warehouse dimensional design.
- Extensive knowledge in both structured and non-structured data management.
- Skilled in data analysis and facilitation, i.e., able to produce data designs using a variety of inputs such as requirements analysis, SME interviews, business process and data flow analysis, data profiling, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills.
- Persuasive in influencing strategic architecture direction, framing reference architectures, specifying policies and standards, drive consensus on target state architectures, and influence roadmaps.
- Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods.
- Experience with ERwin or similar data modeling tools.
- Experience with DB2, Netezza, Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, as well as familiarity with ETL tools (i.e. Informatica) and data profiling tools.
- Knowledgeable about Business Intelligence tools, such as Business Objects, Tableau, SAS, etc. and their appropriate use in solutions for diverse business requirements.
- Bachelors required, MS preferred
What We Offer:
- Work for a company that has a clear mission: Affordable Care worthy of your family and friends
- Opportunity to experience a broad range of technologies
- Opportunity to work with and learn from talented people and leaders
- Access to learning and growth programs
- Challenge yourself in solving complex problems, in technical, business, and people areas
- Be part of IT modernization and be an agent of change
- Grow your managerial and leadership skills
- Work in an environment that value people and work/life balance
- Flexible work environment, with telecommute opportunities
- Generous Benefits package including health and wellness benefits and 401K.