Description: The coolest jobs on this planet- or any other- are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds- hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This critical position will lead the Mission Operations and Maintenance activities at the East Coast customer site on the SAGE program. SAGE is an Enterprise Operations and Maintenance program that includes scope across a diverse mission portfolio as well as across four separate geographic locations. The program is comprised of ~100 FTE(s) with LM as prime and a few significant subcontractors. The program performs 24/7 Mission services, Mission Engineering, Test, Readiness, and Anomaly activities under cost-plus/LOE construct. The SAGE East Mission OPS Lead is responsible for overseeing day-to-day mission operations activities at the East site for multiple missions ensuring program requirements are achieved and/or exceeded. Further job responsibilities include leadership of a multi-contractor, multi-functional operations team, including keeping operations and operations support teams appropriately staffed by hiring, developing, and retaining employees. The SAGE East Mission OPS Lead works closely with customers to ensure they are happy with the Team-s performance and address any issues or concerns as they arise. The selected candidate will oversee cost/technical/schedule performance of the Operations and Engineering Teams, including managing, tracking, and reporting on budgets for any associated CLINS. The SAGE East Mission OPS Lead must be a champion for process improvement and will effectively lead the transformation of operations to a more effective and efficient team. The SAGE East Mission OPS Lead will work closely with the SAGE Program Management Office (PMO) with various contractual activities such as ROM-s, ECP-s, Award Fee inputs, etc.
The SAGE East Mission OPS Lead will work across the SAGE contract and locations to continuously drive customer value, enterprise behavior, and innovation. The position responsibilities also includes serving as functional manager for a portion of the LM employees assigned to the East Site. An active Top Secret / SCI with a CI Poly is required in order to be considered.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin-s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications:
- Experience leading a team
- Mission Operations Familiarity
- Experience with Customer Interaction
- An active Top Secret / SCI with a CI Poly is required in order to be considered.
- Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment. Desired Skills:
- Proven ability to lead change
- Experience leading 24x7 shift workers
- Understanding of LM Hiring and Staffing practices
- Capture/ECP Experience
- CAM Experience
- Significant Customer Interface Experience at Branch and Division level
- Ability to work across an Enterprise/Geographically Separated Locations Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.