Hiring a talented Project and Portfolio Management professional to lead and direct multiple projects and perform portfolio management activities.
ENTERPRISE PROJECT MANAGER HR
GLENVIEW IL | PERMANENT HIRE | $120K + 10K Bonus + Benefits
Under general supervision of either a Manager or Director, leads and directs multiple projects and performs Portfolio Management Activities (75% Direct Project/Program Management; 25% Portfolio Management)
Project/Program Management Responsibilities:
- For the HR Portfolio, responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities and enforcing accountability, developing and maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of projects. Work directly with client counterpart, other project Stakeholders, and ongoing operations to deliver successful implementation and manage scope.
- Execute Project Plan as part of the company’s SDLC Framework. Facilitate project(s) through the project lifecycle to ensure all deliverables, stage gates and checkpoints are successfully met.
- Communicates with others: In addition to project status reporting drive transparency by leading appropriate steering committee and additional governance meetings.
- Monitor and Control Project Work: Use appropriate burndowns; Project Metrics (CPI &SPI) to monitor and report on project health. Leverage metrics to take appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage Change to Project Scope: Establish Project Change Control Board. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Implement Quality Management Plan: Implement the quality management plan to ensure that work is being performed according to required quality standards (including appropriate gate processes)
- Communicate Project Plan: Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan in order to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Obtain Project Approval From Customer: Obtain project plan approval from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach.
- Execute Resource Allocation Plan: Manage resource allocation proactively by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are assigned to the tasks according to the project plan in order to execute the planned tasks successfully.
- Close Contractual Obligations: Formalize final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables lists, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations.
- Measure Customer Satisfaction: Measure customer satisfaction at the end of the project by capturing customer feedback using appropriate interview techniques and surveys in order to gain, maintain, and improve customer long-term relationships.
- Leads project team members: Provides leadership to project team members in order to achieve goals of project and or program. Assists project team members adjust to organizational change.
Portfolio Management Responsibilities:
Business Portfolio Owner with the following items:
- Provide resource capacity views and analyze information to balance supply and demand
- Surface risks/issues/dependencies at Portfolio Level for resolution
- Assist IT Alignment Leadership (BA & Dev Leads) in release roadmap development and planning
- Assist IT Alignment Leadership in preparation for Prioritization & Project Intake Meetings
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 Certification strongly preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Must Have - 4-7 yrs. years of project management related experience.
- Broad understanding of Corporate functions – Finance, Commercial, Operations
- Background working in a PMO environment and a good understanding of Project Management practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building; builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitate meetings, and envision a final and overall acceptance early in the transformation phase.
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships to achieve results through a win-win relationship.
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Awareness of cultural diversity and can embrace and capitalize those differences; applies knowledge in decision-making process.
- Ability to identify project risks by defining risk strategies and developing the risk management plan in order to reduce uncertainty throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience with MS Project as the primary tool for day-to-day management including WBS, usage of predecessor relationships across tasks in well-formed plan, resourcing, and cost baseline variances.
- Experience with PPM tools (such as Clarity) HUGE plus.