Kforce is immediately seeking an experienced Enterprise R/S Network Support Engineer for their global, intelligent networking and software innovation client in San Jose, California (CA). Our client innovates everywhere; connecting people, things, processes, and data, reshaping technology across all aspects of life.
The Cloud Collaboration Cloud Engineering team is primarily responsible for the wide variety of services required to support multiple Cloud collaboration application micro-services in a DevOps model. As a Network Routing and Switching Engineer you will work with global team of engineers who are responsible for maintaining and evolving network as a service.
* Providing tier 4 support and network troubleshooting expertise
* Test and document system behavior, performance, and security
* Plan, design, and troubleshoot local and wide area network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, gateways and related hardware, software, and services
* Responsible for projects, development, automation, and operations related to WebEx Routing and Switching Network infrastructure
* Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our services
* Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi-data center distributed systems
* Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
* Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases
* Provide extraordinary service
* Partake in on-call duties for provided services (including nights and weekends)
* Provide hands on support for a variety of security related technologies including but not limited to ASR series routers, Nexus series switches, NXOS, VXLAN, MPLS, EVPN, BGP, IP
* Candidates must meet the minimum requirements outlined
* CCIE or CCNP
* 7 years of experience are required
* Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (ASR, Nexus)
* IP internetworking and Routing & Switching
* In depth troubleshooting in a large scale network environment
* Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times
* Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under a minimum of supervision
* WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
* Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast)
* Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
* Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
* Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Knowledge of anisible, python or other coding experience is a plus
* "Cloud" (supporting IaaS) experience desirable
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.