Job Description Title:
Enterprise Security Architect Location:
Danbury CT Type:
The Enterprise Security Architect is responsible for helping to drive the security direction of our client.
You will be responsible for overseeing the implementation, configuration, and automation of security controls to ensure that it meets and exceeds the overall organization's security compliance.
You must be technically proficient in Data Protection, Compliance Validation, Vulnerability Analysis, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, CICD Security, Identity and Access Management, Logging and Monitoring, Incident Response, Data and Analytics, and Resiliency.
You will need to be proficient in cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
The role will involve defining requirements and providing support to security engineers, network engineers, and application architecture specialists.
You will work with various Security, Network Engineering, and IT teams to ensure the resulting architectures meet the product/service requirements.
You will have a vital role in ensuring the timely delivery of new, highly scalable services that will positively impact the overall customer experience while ensuring a best-in-class security posture. Responsibilities:
- Design, Implement, Document, and maintain complex security infrastructure to support Application development under-defined
- Help teams maintain and follow Security Architecture Best Practices, and established standards, and provide solutions/proof of concepts.
- Create, document, and promote a detailed security architectural roadmap.
- Create, document, and promote security solutions consumable by development teams.
- Collaborate with lead cloud architects and peer Information Security teams
- Conduct platform, tool, and process assessments to evaluate existing security controls, identify weaknesses, and make recommendations and process improvements.
- Assess security threats and risks to define and implement appropriate architectural security models.
- Provide guidance to junior security staff and perform deep technical research on the security impacts of new technology.
- Ensure that the platform's security risk controls, mitigations, and approach are aligned with standards, IT, and business goals.
- Provide guidance to ensure security policy, compliance requirements, and best practices are implemented across the project portfolio.
- Broad technical experience in several security disciplines including endpoint and platform (Unix/Linux/Windows, mobile) controls, encryption/tokenization, identity and access management, PKI, data protection, and security tooling integration in complex
- Master's degree in information technology, cyber security, or related field.
- Expert level of knowledge with Cloud technologies; preferably AWS and Azure
- Experience within the transformation of traditional data center security measures into hybrid and Cloud deployment (AWS and Azure)
- Expertise across multiple security disciplines such as Data Protection, Compliance Validation, Vulnerability
- Experience with Network Security, Infrastructure Security (Active Directory, Group Policy, Endpoint management), CICD Security, Identity and Access Management, Logging and Monitoring, Incident Response, Data and Analytics, and Resiliency.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code deployments and the security review process.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences and guide leadership on value-added calculations and ROI of the technology the team is building.
- Hands-on experience with Security Services in Azure and in AWS such as IAM, KMS, VPC, Security Groups, AWS Inspector, and Guard Duty.
- Hands-on experience with Management Services such as CloudWatch, Lambda, and AWS Config.
- Hands-on experience in Infrastructure and Platform Services such as AWS Networking/VPC, EC2, and RDS.
- Knowledge and Hands-on Skills with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, and Container Security.
- Experience with IT Security Frameworks such as HITRUST, PCI DSS, and NIST.
- Experience building security reference architectures for complex information systems based on industry frameworks and with AWS & Security Certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), GISP (GIAC Information Security Professional), GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials Certification), AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, AWS Certified Security Specialty, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer
- Experience using security architecture frameworks such as SABSA and or TOGAF
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com