Description Job Description:
The Leidos Military Veterans Health Solutions group is seeking an Intermediate Enterprise Security Architect to support the Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) program. This role is remote and can be worked from your home office within the United States.
The chosen candidate will be part of a team providing Enterprise Security Architecture (ESA) technical support services that accommodate VA's scope, size and complexity, including enterprise architecture, emerging technologies, networks, mobile, in specialized areas like healthcare, specialized medical devices, cybersecurity, IT Modernization, and large-scale architecture. Candidates should possess IT experience in all aspects of Cyber Security with a vast array of IT systems involving end user as well as enterprise level networks, possess experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. The Intermediate Enterprise Security Architect, shall assist in resolving issues and creating architectural vision, coordinating with program and project leaders to analyze IT system and network architecture, clearly identify strategies for addressing requirements, risks, and issues. The Intermediate Enterprise Security Architect, shall participate in trade-off analyses of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
Successful candidates will possess specialized technical and cybersecurity expertise that apply to new technologies that VA is introducing or IT modernization. That includes knowledge and skills applicable to merging of Electronic Health Records (EHR), cloud computing, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), specialized networks (i.e., software and security perimeter and defined networks) Internet of Things (IoT), analytic ecosystems, and medical devices. The Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions.
Duties will include:
- Support the evolution of the VA enterprise security architecture, specifically in the following areas:
- Developing CONOPS and methodologies
- Metrics and dashboards for enterprise cybersecurity effectiveness
- Cybersecurity data governance and management
- VA cybersecurity directives, standards, design patterns and implementing guidelines
- Cybersecurity support to various VA systems and initiatives
- Determine security requirements and approaches by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; and, when needed, preparing cost estimates.
- Significant research, analysis and collaboration with inter-departmental government working groups.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings to VA personnel, including senior leadership
- Coordinate boards and other technical working groups.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of overall experience in cybersecurity and privacy risk management with Federal Information Technology systems and security requirements. Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. 12 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Solid understanding of DoD 8510, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP800-37, the Risk Management Framework (RMF), and CNSSI 1253. Familiarity with VA Handbook 6500.
- Prior VA, DoD or federal experience with cybersecurity policy, guidance, and architectures.
- The individual must have significant experience with cybersecurity best practices. Experience reviewing and writing policies and security plans utilizing NIST 800-series framework.
- Ability to obtain VA Moderate BI or DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Advanced IT cybersecurity certifications (CISM, CISA, CIPP, CEH, CISSP, or equivalent) preferred.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with VA, DoD or federal systems is highly desirable and preferred.
- Experience with healthcare, insurance or benefits platforms and systems a plus.
- Meet DoD 8570.01-M IT Level III or IAM-III requirements.
- Experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or RiskVision
EligiblePotential for Telework:
YesClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.