Relocation Opportunities with two (2) year commitment. Contact Corporate Recruiter email@example.com to learn more!
From a senior staff position, and under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the implementation and support of Unix, Mainframe, storage, and backup systems and applications supporting a clinical and business environment. Serves as expert analytical and technical for Unix and Mainframe server and operating systems, NAS and SAN storage solutions, backup applications and tools, and other supported systems. Recommends, installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots, tests, and integrates complex computer equipment and systems. Plans, coordinates, and implements projects and tasks.
- Preferred Associate's degree or higher in computer science, MIS, or related field.
- In lieu of degree Ten (10) years of hands experience on server and storage hardware as well as applications/software support.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of related experience.
- Exhibits strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to research, analyzes, and resolves problems effectively to meet established performance metrics.
- Ability to coordinate and implement projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of supporting a large number of devices in a complex and diverse environment.
- Ability to work closely with other technical resources to analyze, maintains, and administers enterprise systems and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in the highly specialized field of systems software and to master the understanding of complex computer hardware and software.
- Full technical knowledge of all phases of software analysis and programs.
- Advanced ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment regularly to resolve problems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs Support and Maintenance tasks the backup solutions.
- Performs Support and Maintenance for UNIX, Linux, and Mainframe servers.
- Monitors and remediation failed and missed backups.
- Provides maintenance of existing hardware and software through established maintenance procedures.
- Provides expertise for other UNIX and Storage Administrators as needed for projects and to address issues.
- Researches best-practices for administering our MLH software products.
- Performs SAN and NAS maintenance tasks.
- Analyze site requirement to prepare for new hardware installation.