Description Job Description:
The Government health and safety solutions is currently hiring for an Enterprise Storage Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The Enterprise Data Management Lead provides oversight and manages all Storage and Backup operations and maintenance activities, equipment, tools, and systems for the program. These include:
- Managing and leading the 12-member Storage and Backup team, assigning responsibilities, daily tasks, and project related activities as required.
- Managing the 12 individuals from a personnel perspective - conducting one-on-ones, holding team meetings and stand-ups, monitoring and managing individual performance goals and accountability, conducting semi-annual and annual performance reviews, coordinating work schedules, helping with career growth and training, and performing other administrative tasks as required.
- Lead storage and backup architecture design efforts, managing all aspects of the system development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment, sustainment, and equipment retirement.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to team members.
- Clearly communicate objectives and hold personnel accountable for efficient delivery.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts of storage and backup tasks to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Oversee configuration and risk management activities and develop strategies for process improvements for the Storage and Backup platforms.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new Storage and Backup technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on all backup and storage activities to Senior Management and the Customer
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for Operational and Maintenance activities related to enterprise storage and backup requirements. These standards include:
- Maintaining current patch levels on all firmware and software on storage and backup equipment, tools, and systems.
- Coordinating with other departments to maintain vendor support contracts on all managed equipment.
- Maintaining End of Life and End of Support information in the Asset Management Database for all Storage and Backup equipment
- Maintaining Password Reset and Renewal procedures for all systems, tools, and software access managed by the Enterprise Data Management Team.
- Managing the Incident and Service request queues for all tickets assigned to the Enterprise Data Management Team
- Maintaining a robust and reoccurring backup program to ensure complete, validated, and tested backups of all user data, system configuration files, and database.
- Working with the Network Control Center to ensure that all Storage and Backup systems are monitored 24x7 for any incidents that can lead to an interruption of service
- Manage team of experienced, independent professionals
- Ensure distribution of assignments and tasking to ensure complete coverage of all assigned tasks.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Complete service and change requests on schedule.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, staffing, and managing and optimizing costs.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Manage all personnel needs including hiring and interacting with HR when required.
- Perform annual personnel write-ups and reviews.
- Ensure personnel performance.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported.
- Must be experienced in developing strategic plans for deployment of Storage and Backup solutions, cloud services, and systems upgrades.
- Must have experience working with storage and backup services in the cloud
- Previous experience as a Lead Storage and/or Backup Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse Storage and Backup systems and automation technologies.
- Expertise in SDLC, ITIL, and ITSM processes, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Previous experience in Operations and Maintenance of Infrastructure with specific focus on Storage and Backup platforms such as those from Dell/EMC, IBM, and Veritas.
- Previous experience with storage and backup cloud solutions, private cloud solutions, and Fedramp cloud services.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with complex architectures supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in managing storage, backup, and cloud architecture projects and operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Intermediate level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, and program schedules is a plus.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders, senior managers, and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Medium and Large Program schedule, cost, scope, and performance knowledge.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate effectively
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.Recommended Education
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ITIL certification
- One or more Dell/EMC Certifications in Data Protection and Storage Categories is a big plus
- Technical experience with Dell/EMC VMAX, Unity, DLM, and Networker products is a big plus
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
YesClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.