CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day. Department:
AH24D1 IT, Exempt Function:
Information Technology Job Summary:
Under minimal supervision, the Enterprise Support Specialist I is involved with all aspects of the overall IT support model to ensure superior service to end users for PC and server applications, and hardware. The incumbent plays a critical role in troubleshooting user problems and seeing them through to resolution while following the Issue Management lifecycle and other standard operating procedures. The position interacts with Network Operations to maintain and monitor infrastructure services. Enterprise Support partners with the business to identify and present proactive solutions that will improve productivity for the customers and better enable the business. Job Description: Job Responsibilities:
User Support and Issue Management:
- Provides local and remote support of users on all aspects of user reported problems, including software, hardware, tablets, mobile devices, and peripheral equipment such as printers. Assists user community in maximizing PC potential through second/third tier support, training and SMS administration. Support includes 24/7/365 coverage across the enterprise. Provides emergency on-site support within 24 hours of a major outage to remote locations.
- Effectively works customer requests in a timely manner, documenting all support center calls appropriately while following the issue tracking process including: Initial assessment, triage, research/recording of issues, proper escalation/assignment of issues and follow through to resolution/closure of issues. Ensures that the incident resolution and/or suggested solutions are to the satisfaction of the issue initiator and within standard operating procedures for company guidelines.
- Contributes to process improvement of call tracking processes and procedures, to maintain a standard operating procedure for Issue Management. Develops and enhances knowledge store to aid with initial assessment of reported issues.
- Helps to empower the user community through collaboration, training, education and technical advisement. Ensures users receive appropriate systems, applications and peripherals training to meet their individual desktop computing needs.
- Assists user community with assessing and delivering solutions that needs of a technical nature. Acts as the central contact point for technical needs for meetings.
- Responsible for supporting, as needed, the plant Crisis Management Team
- Installs, configures, and distributes all company PCs, laptops, and printers. Supports software distribution process for all PCs and laptops and ensures all images used for PC distribution are correct and up-to-date per standards and comply with standard desktop and laptop configurations.
- Monitors and responds to technical hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Backup and maintain all user profiles, data, and equipment for terminated employees.
- Provides assistance to technical support staff as it relates to LAN and WAN systems
- Assists with deployment or maintenance procedures on Local Area Networks (LANs), communications, and related hardware and software (e.g., bridges gateways, routers, modems, hubs) within a multiple operating system environment (e.g., Desktop, Server, NOS). This includes NOS configuration and NOS maintenance Assists with testing and analysis of all elements of the network (including communications devices, lines, modems, protocol converters, switches, hubs, PCs, tablets and mobile devices).
- Assess business need and impact on existing infrastructure and systems. Assists with functional testing of new application systems and enhancements.
- Contributes as a project team member of large IT projects to provide an Enterprise Support perspective and ensure standards are followed Apply and maintain the batch job schedule for all production environments. Ensure operational issues are effectively resolved by appropriate parties.
- Contributes to overall disaster recovery and business continuity planning design and execution as necessary Administer and schedule inventory scans on all licensed software for usage pertaining to license recovery and management
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies. Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a technology support center / diagnostic PC environment.
- Minimum of 1 years of systems experience within a PC environment.
- Strong orientation to customer service and customer focus Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of voice, data and video communications.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Developing knowledge of troubleshooting all aspects of Local Area Network and Communications problems.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer or Cisco Certified Engineer is a plus.
Recognizing that the personal computer has become an integral component of an employee's ability to perform their business tasks, this role is a critical function necessary to promote efficient and effective business processes. The role requires limited travel for training and to other plant locations.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK