Application Support Specialist Hybrid work schedule 12 month contract ***Must live in or be able to commute to one of the following locations*** - will split time between onsite/remote
- Poway, CA
- Huntsville, AL
- Tupelo, MS
- Centennial, CO
- Salt Lake City, UT
Our Client is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.Responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Create and continually update system documentation (SOPs) and procedures (Runbooks)
- Assist in creating new processes to drive desired results
- Works closely with infrastructure teams to identify configure required platforms for deployment and ongoing support of COTS applications. i.e., Server model / OS / Database / Network devices.
- Owns application support roadmap/updates and coordinates with business end users for testing and installing new software releases, and application system upgrades.
- Determines requirements for ongoing monitoring and fine-tuning the application to achieve uptime and resiliency of application.
- Accountable for application troubleshooting and ticket resolution.
- Agile methodology experience preferred (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and use of JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of application deployment and management on On-Prem and Cloud based Windows Server OR Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) applications; i.e., Server model / OS / Database / Network devices.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting applications in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Working knowledge of Web Services and technologies.
- Basic knowledge of common database platforms and experience executing vendor provided database deployment installers or scripts.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise networking principles and Windows Active Directory domain resources.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay: DOQ
- Contract Duration: 12 months
?Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit