We currently have a long term Contracting opportunity for an Senior Software Engineer with our client located in Washington, DC.
This is position requires specialized skills in developing machine learning pipelines and natural language processing algorithms.
Senior Software Engineer
VREX Voice Control Platform
The VREX Voice Control Platform is being developed by Client and consists of advanced technologies that process natural language to make a user’s input actionable. VREX is building out an Applied AI engineering team to own the operationalization of our Deep Search product line, as well as advanced analytics and ML pipeline work.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building specific components of the platform. You will work with other engineers and researchers with backgrounds in advanced fields such as natural language processing and machine learning (including deep learning). As a key member of the team, you will help define, refine, and test state of the art algorithms, and scale the associated systems for high performance, stability, and availability.
Client encourages career development with regular opportunities for training and programs for innovative cross-team projects such as week-long Hackathon and job rotation programs over the summer.
• Writing production-quality, tested code.
• Understanding the code base thoroughly in breadth and depth, as well as managing code repositories and development infrastructure.
• Producing technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity
• Collaborating with our quality assurance and technical operations teams to provide outstanding customer service
• Resisting the accrual of “technical debt” in our systems.
• Mentoring more junior members of the technical staff, performing code reviews, and leading the team to be effective and agile.
• Building proof-of-concept applications or conducting exploratory experiments with the VREX platform.
• Working in a self-driven environment where engineers own their products end to end.
• Staying educated on technical developments and tools necessary for the design and maintenance of complex, distributed platforms.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Server-side development experience in Java (Spring boot a plus)
• Experience with continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing
• Experience deploying and maintaining production services in AWS
• Experience developing service-oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Hands-on experience developing RESTful web services
• Experience using GIT versioning tool
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices (refactoring, TDD, pair programming)
• UNIX/Linux background: BASH scripting and performance analysis
• Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, and Protobuf
• Experience with Docker