Jack Henry & Associates is seeking an Entry Level Applications Engineer for the ProfitStars - Lending Solutions team. You will train to be a part of an active IT Team that supports our internal Technical Support Reps, Development & QA groups, and Implementation Consultants providing financial clients with high-performing access to the Commercial Lending Center Suite (CLCS). Using basic IT knowledge and hands-on skill, you will learn to install, test, update, monitor, maintain, document, and troubleshoot both hosted and on-premise servers and processes. Must quickly acquire the product and configuration knowledge to independently identify and resolve application and service issues. Overnight travel is sometimes necessary to attend company meetings and/or professional development conferences. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before December 7, 2018.
This position is only open to being worked out of the Jack Henry office in downtown, Birmingham, AL.
- Must have a minimum of 12 months of hands on technical work experience in areas such as: servers, networks, security, or enterprise applications.
- Must be available to rotate with colleagues for after-hours (evening, weekend, and/or holiday) coverage.
- Bachelor’s or applicable technical degree.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, and active directories.
- Experience with Citrix connections and SQL database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. #D #CB #G
- Provides customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations. May assist with diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of non-complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- May instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- May provide ongoing application, network and security support including servers, firewalls, routers, active directories, etc.