IBM seeks an Entry Level Associate Data Scientist.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Great at solving problems by looking at thing differently, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
• Thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
• Strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
• Proficient at least one of the statistical programming language such as R, Python, Scala or SAS, SPSS, Matlab.
• Basic knowledge of predictive/prescriptive modeling skills
• Some knowledge of Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies
• Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS,Azure, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Job role description: Associate Data Scientist
You uncover the stories hidden in data, and find patterns in the numbers. As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll put this skill to work to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations for better results. You’ll use a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, and programming languages often using a cloud infrastructure to handle the volume and veracity of data streams.
Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytic results, as an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll formulate conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders in an organization's leadership structure, leveraging strong consulting, communication, visualization, and storytelling skills.
Work you could do as an Associate Data Scientist:
• Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
• You’ll incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
• Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs, providing analytical solutions.
• Use leading edge tools such as R Library, python, tensor-flow combined with IBM tools and our AI application suites
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
• Build teams or writing programs to cleanse and integrate data in an efficient and reusable manner, developing predictive or prescriptive models, and evaluating modeling results
• Ask business and industry questions to identify appropriate modeling techniques
• Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
About the CIC:
IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.